We are pleased to announce the release of VentusAR v2.1 for Android, iPad (and associated portal updates).
This is a significant upgrade, allowing cumulative data to be purchased and used from our National Cumulative Dataset. This dataset contains information sourced from local authorities about the status of wind turbine planning applications.
We recommend updating the new version of VentusAR to take advantage of the new features that have been introduced.
The features you have been waiting for:
For iPad and Android users this release includes many new features including:
- National Cumulative Dataset: All projects get free summary visuals from the national cumulative dataset. If you purchase snapshot data for a project area, then accurate, up-to-data cumulative information and turbine details will be shown instead
- Turbine Information Screens: The site and turbine information screens have been updated to make them easier to use
- International Support: Per-project projection codes now allow local coordinates to be used in different countries
For the portal, the new features added include:
- National Cumulative Dataset: the portal now allows access to the national cumulative dataset. This allows you to obtain accurate, up-to-date cumulative turbine and project information
- Custom Terrain Importing: custom terrain models can now be imported from within the portal
- Export to PDF Enhancements: improved metadata display layout and set a custom logo
- International Support: projects can be set up in Finland and Ireland
We will be explaining more about these new features in future ‘Feature Spotlight’ blogs. Stay tuned for more info. In the meantime, if you have any queries, please feel free to contact us on 0141 559 6170 or email email@example.com
We are very proud and excited to be the first in the UK to launch a service of this type, which is the product of more than twelve months concentrated research and development work between ourselves and our data partners.
As always, we like to celebrate with a cake or two. This release deserved something a little more special though. Yum.