UrbanPlanAR is designed to enhance the value of BIM information by enabling in-field visualisation from any location, in real-time – creating more engaging and accessible understanding, integrated with current processes, software and formats.
The solution is a disruptive technology providing a 21st century alternative to desktop-based or VR assessment without outsourcing, remodelling or expensive proprietary systems.
UrbanPlanAR solves problems of:
- Accurate urban location positioning – without the reliance on GNSS and only using affordable off-the-shelf consumer tablets
- Disenfranchised stakeholders – by creating visualisations (impact assessments) personalised to their location in real-time
- Late stage visualisation after design completion – by enabling integration and viewpoints throughout a project lifecycle at no additional cost
- Remove expensive duplication in modelling – by providing a data pipeline integrated with existing industry tools and flowlines from major vendors
In order to:
- Maximise reuse through existing investment in BIM and digital design
- Provide accessible understanding of impact from within local communities
- Deliver and share data for immediacy and relevance
- Create trustworthy visualisations to enable better decision making
As the project transitions from technical development to application design, we need partners who are:
- In the AEC industry running an active BIM project
- Stakeholders from planning or public engagement
- Willing to commit time and data for a private trial
- Able to introduce new technology into an organisation
- Brining a passion and interest in disruptive visualisation
In the first instance, please review the current concept video with “alpha” release software:
Our next development phases will address location precision, lighting and rendering by September and we will then be looking to arrange visits to showcase the work and create a partner network.
If our vision fits with your views on the reuse of BIM: using visualisation for communication and wider engagement, please feel free to call us on 0141 559 6170 or email email@example.com